Preparing Your Home For Sale
The primary focus of my service to you is to get you the best possible price for your property. An essential element in that equation is Presentation. Your property is likely to receive a much more positive response from buyers and thus higher offers from buyers if it is presented in the best possible way.
I know it can be a very time consuming, inconvenient and sometimes also very emotional for clients to take the steps necessary to present their property in the best possible light. I also understand that it is your home and not a showroom, however, it is most likely one of the largest financial investments that you may have and we need to keep this in mind during the selling process to get you the best possible price.
There are some basic general steps that you should take in order to present your property for sale which will greatly assist me to obtain the best possible price in the marketplace for you. Some of these basic steps include things such as decluttering, mowing the lawn, trimming the edges, putting away all personnel effects and photographs, opening patio doors, turning on all of the lights and hiding all evidence of pets.
To assist you with presenting your property for sale, open houses and private inspections, I have prepared this checklist/guide. Some parts may not apply to your property, but I hope you find it helpful.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
– Do a complete spring clean
– Clean/repair flyscreens
– Open blinds – make lots of light
– Add pots and plants
– Remove clutter
– Install new light bulbs
– Fresh flowers
– Soft music playing at Open Inspections
– Scent candles
– Clean/polish and vacuum floors
– Remove/hide personal items
– Dust and straighten pictures
– Hide/unplug electrical cables
Kitchen and Dining
– Remove clutter from counters
– Check cupboards are not overflowing
– Clean outside and inside of fridge, oven, microwave etc.
– Replace out of date appliances
– Clean/repair the floor
– Ensure dishwasher is empty and clean
– Ensure colours are neutral
– Arrange room to emphasise best use of space
– Ensure sofas are clean
– Replace older appliances (eg. Replace old TV with a flat screen) to create more space
– Remove old magazines/newspapers
– Remove furniture that gets in the way and takes up room
– Remove surface clutter on dressers, draws and bedside tables
– Put on fresh linen, puff up pillows and add some luxury features
– Clean and dust all surfaces and mirrors
– Remove dirty laundry
– Remove dated appliances
– Air bathroom well
– Use air freshener
– Clean bath, basin, loo, shower mirrors, taps etc.
– Ensure grout and tiles are free from mildew
– Use lighting and mirrors to create feeling of more space
– Check fan works
– Replace/repair cracks in bathtubs, basins, etc
– Remove personal toiletries
– Lay out luxury bath items and plump fresh towels
– Remove clothes from washing line
– Empty washer and dryer
– Put clean laundry away
– Clean cupboards
– Move garbage bins out of sight
– Mow lawn
– Clean, weed and trim garden
– Remove/replace dead of dying plants
– Clean windows
– Add a welcome mat